The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Socials With Straights

I really hate them, parties with straights, its like putting your head in a bowl of  ants, they make my skin crawl. The party last night was pretty typical, it's okay to be gay, just don't talk about it. You can talk about it, as long as it isn't gay sex or who's hot and who's not especially in sports. For instance when the subject of basketball came up, I told them I didn't watch that much anymore since they changed the shorts to these ones that go to the knees. Before it was a thrill, when they jumped, you might get a peek. A little cheek or maybe a jock strap but now, that's impossible. In fact, they are so unisex you cannot denote the size of their equipment let alone if they have any, I've seen Ken dolls with a better show.

I noticed that the subject was changed. Now it was golf. I tried soccer, after all, they still wore shorts worthy to watch the game, but the straights realized where I was going with this and went to chess. The women weren't much better, you would think they would have an opinion on long shorts v/s short-shorts but no, they don't watch sports they cook, buy things for grandchildren and compliment each others dress. I was wearing house slippers, so was Wally, we just bought them and they are so comfortable that I thought, why not wear them to the dinner party, after all they look almost like shoes except for the fuzzy parts. I didn't have us don our bathrobes but it would have been nice, they come down below the knees and are very warm on a chilly day.

And dinner was fussy, a steak, potato, salad and some kind of broccoli dish with not enough salt. In fact salt was missing out of everything and there was no cream for the coffee. Just that non-fat milk that comes out blue at the edges. Oh, well, at least it was free food if you don't count the flowers and wine we brought over.

No comments:

Post a Comment