The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Religion's wasteland

I stopped believing in religion once I found out for myself that all religions are man-made. There is no god, no angles, no devils, no spirits or ghosts. There's just superstitious belief systems left over from our cave dwelling days.

When I read about the priest at the Vatican giving the Good Friday homily stating that the church leaders are being attacked and persecuted and that it was akin to the Holocaust, I couldn't believe I read it correct the first time. I had to re-read the article to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

First, the victims of these pedophiles, the victims that run into the thousands, having to hear that because they endured child rape, the church leaders in Rome are suffering. Some were forced to sign agreements not to testify that they were raped, repeatedly, forcibly as young children. Some of them handicap. The depth of depravity that the Catholic church as been mired in for two thousand years is mind boggling.

The Inquisition, the burning alive of gay people, non-believers, and Jews that went on for over a thousand years is appalling. Why would anyone believe in the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church let alone any religious belief is beyond comprehension. It's as if human beings must have wholesale slaughter to satisfy some inner craving to appease some sort of god.

If we can only survive as a species until religious belief is dead and buried for good in the sands of time, can I see any hope of us raising above self appointed speakers of a god to announce such self serving diatribes as this priest at the Vatican who thinks the pope is being terribly prosecuted. What rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment