The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Mean Queen Stole my Mexicans

Editing and laundry, gardening and watering, I kept going by the bedroom window. The gardeners pulled up but didn't get out of the truck. The Mean Queen made a hasty U in the street and pulled up in front of her place for the first time. I went back to whatever in hell it was with an occasional looked out the front. One gardener was asleep behind the wheel. The other had disappeared.

I feared the worse. The Mean Queen probably needed other nourishment than fat children. Something with a lot of protein like a sinewy Mexican gardener. The one lost was old anyway but the one behind the wheel has the most beautiful brown eyes. Lean and lanky with a lazy playful smile. I give them beer when I have it. Tell them to skip when the weather is too hot or just awful. I know how to treat hot spicy Mexican gardeners.

The Mean Queen and her daddy grilled the older, sinewy gardener. They grilled and then put him to work. They both got out, cut my lawn and then went to pay homage at the palace next door. They worked and worked, cutting and blowing for the Mean Queen and her daddy.
Then daddy paid them and they finished my place.

It was cowardly of me. I could have ran out in my dick warmer with a cold beer in each hand but I figured after a bout with Mean Queen and daddy, they probably wanted to head south of the border, down Mexico way. I'll know next Friday if they come back and if they once again, are forced to serve for the Mean Queen her daddy.

Outside of my concern for the gardeners, I found a need to add more to a scene in Jawbone. Everything is ready to send out to publishers, the query and synopsis, but going over the work one last time, I need to clear up a scene better and it wouldn't hurt to add seven thousand words. That would give it seventy and more publishers seem to want at least that.

No comments:

Post a Comment