The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The World Of Mac

I admit, Mexican Monkey is a generous man. And if I needed his help and he actually picked up the phone when I dial, he would come to my aid. His business is such that they need a full time computer fixer-upper and because they are a business, they need to update the computers every few years. That happened and I ended up with a very high end Mac.

I like it, I think. At least it is a lot faster than my old computer but I haven't been able to attend to my writing. The Word program is a 2008 and there was no problem bringing my PC Word documents over and opening them with the new computer and program. But all the bells and whistles now are in a different place and to tell the truth, I'm really tired of the re-learning curve adjustment. My brain, what's left of it, hurts.

Why can't they make the Mother of All Computers? They made the mother of all wars, the mother-fucker and the mother of all bombs but they can't make a computer that will still be viable after a few years. They are almost obsolete by the time you get them home from the store.

And my head hurts with all the input of well intentioned friends. Do you use Cloud? Never heard of it. Oh, well, everyone is using it. What, to sleep on?

I can't get the printer to print, that's the sticking point at the moment. I'll have to wait until someone can come here and figure that out. Boy what headache and I'll need some more aspirin too.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, once you go Mac, you never go back. Trust me...as a Mac lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm lovin it!!! I've switch the mac to my work station. Have some cool tunes playing while I work. I'm totally stoked.

    ReplyDelete