The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thought I Was Gonna Die

It's been a couple of months since I rode a bike. Not counting a couple of mountain bike rides and a short road ride two weeks ago. It was warm and really pleasant, as long as  we had a tailwind, so at the time, it seemed like a good idea to do the full ride. Big mistake.

By the time I got home, I could hardly keep my head up. My legs were wobbly, blood pressure low and pulse high. It was so bad, I couldn't eat, my gut was churning and it was all I could do to get in the shower to cool down and drink cold water. It wasn't until five in the afternoon that I was able to get my ass up. And I was going to dig more bamboo roots out, plant and mow. Ha!

Mom, Wally and I went for high priced sushi. Get this, the place I picked, is a real sushi bar. You don't order, the chef decides what to fix for you and what he fixed for the three of came to over two hundred fucking dollars. Maybe it was the large Sapparos we had that had the price so high, or the amount we ate, okay, I ate.  Damn nice too, little finger food pieces of raw fish on rice but it was good.

We won't be back anytime soon, unless some sucker comes along and wants to treat us to dinner and asks for a suggestion. Now I smell like a sardine cannery worker with beer breath and no money. My legs want to fall off and I am so looking forward to bed right now.

But I'll be back, bamboo. Yes Sir and with ideas of turning what I find into chop sticks to recover some the money we spent for rice and raw fish the size of a middle finger.

2 comments: