The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bamboo

The name itself tells you a lot about the plant. Bam, as in a smack alongside the head, or a kick in the teeth. Then Boo and what does that say but scary. A kick in the teeth is scary, aka, bamboo.  I dug more root out today. Roots that went straight to hell and I dug. I dug down until my shovel cracked and had to get the pickax. Then plunge down to have it bounce off the root a few times before cutting. It looks like you are in a fight to pull up an alien life form. It clings to everything, nasty hard, hairy roots that have calcified into something akin to iron girders.

Someone suggested burning but no, I'm not going to give up the fight. Not me, fuck no. Tomorrow, I will return. I will get my pound of flesh.

The bloody remote for the TV is lost. I think Wally has squirreled it away. If so it may be months before I find it. I did find my back scratcher today. Oh that was a good find, and now in a safe place unless I forget where the safe place is or Wally finds it and puts it away. Between the two of us, the house is one big seek and find.

I remember something from the day of gin and mist. Some animal had made a home under the hen house. The other night, while in a gin-laden coma watching everything being engulfed in a cloud, a possum came waddling by and with a look around, at me mostly, went into his home. He is a very tidy fellow and the girls don't seem to mind him. He does keep his porch very well kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment