The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The South Forty

We now have the extension to the vegetable garden along with the chickens rescued in the nick of time.  It was a good thing for the break in the weather today. The gardener came with his crew and cleared out the rest of the bamboo left from last week. I had the Juanster, and get this, David Waldner (the man with a nicotine beard that should have died long ago), and myself working on the yard. The interesting thing was when Mario had his son come and help at noon, the guy goes to CSUN with scholarships and is drop-dead gorgeous. Juan, of course struck up a conversation in Spanish only to find out the guy speaks perfect English.....I loved that one.  So after the re-buff, Juan went back to work and we got the damn yard ready for a grape harbor and much more soil for crops. I call it the South-Forty.

Now to the chickens. Last week when the work was going on, I filled the water canister for the girls and then dropped it while full and the welding came apart. (China, I'm sure)  I bought another one right then and to save money, bought the cheapest one, it was made of plastic, all white, with cutouts for the chicken to dip its head into the water.

Here comes the trouble part. Not all the chickens took to the new water device. I swear it was that lesbian bitch to put the rest of the girls up to not drink from it. Some did, and others sided with the worker's rights girl. I got an egg that a quail would lay. Sign of not enough water. That dyke chicken got me again. Another forty bucks and they now have the latest in fucking water for foul. And yes, I know it's not spelled correctly.

1 comment:

  1. Never trust a lesbian chicken...not even as Chicken Kiev. They're tough as nails.

    ReplyDelete