The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Palace Is Breached

On Sunday, during the height of the storm, in the afternoon, Daddy showed up at the front door.

"Hello, Mr. Mike."

He came to borrow our ladder. the tall ladder that unfolds to twelve feet. It was an emergency, he said, something went out.

The storm is pelting us and this guy wants to get on a ladder outdoors and check something?  I got him the ladder and told him he could bring it back after the rainstorm.  Well, it stopped raining. For two days, not much rain. But I ain't got my ladder back as of yet.

I hope he didn't try to see if he could connect electricity because I think they had their power cut off again. Things are dark once more at the Palace and all their cars are gone during the day. However, at night, late, they return.

And what is with the slacks and dress shirt in a downpour to climb up a ladder on? What the fuck is going on with these people? Is that what they do in Israel? "Honey? The power was turned off, can you borrow the aluminum ladder from the Goya again and reconnect the juice?"

"Let me change into my dress shoes, slacks and dress shirt first, It's pouring rain you know." 

"Tell him we'll return it when we're good and ready."

"Will do."

After that, Mean Queen went back to laying eggs, "OH, my aching back. Such a back I got." 

No comments:

Post a Comment