The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Wear

Like Camelot, for a brief moment there was joy but now the weather has once again turned cold. Sunny but cold and everything is on hold until, in a few weeks, Spring, once again, warms the days and makes them longer.

For me, it means I can keep the backdoor open and Betty can come and go as she please. She's an old dog and if the door is shut she just does her business next to it. I keep the carpet cleaner out, it's easier that way. It will be nice when I can come and go as well. Always was a barefoot boy, and putting on shoes means you can't feel the cool blades of grass under you or balance with your toes in the soft soil of the vegetable garden.

The garlic is sprouted. The peas are climbing and the primrose are brilliant around the birdbath, but it's hard to enjoy with a jacket and shoes. More rain is coming, spurts and spits of it, I think the deluge for us has past. And, like Camelot, it should only rain at night which it seems to do more often in Los Angeles than anywhere else. Could it be that all along I have been living in Camelot?

No comments:

Post a Comment