The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cold tears

We went for a bike ride today, it was real cold, especially when the sun went behind a cloud. Caryl is on a quest to loose some weight, I'm not sure from where she plans to loose it, she has a terrific body. But after the breakup with her boyfriend, she has determined that she now has extra pounds. She gets these 'extra pounds' either before finding a boyfriend or after breaking up with them. In either case, to me, she looks the same.

I suggested chilled vodka martinis, actually it's vodka kept in the freezer poured into a martini glass with an olive. We built a fire in the outdoor pit. I put a pork butt, not my own, but from a once real live pig on the barbie and we proceeded to get drunk.

It worked out just fine until I had to walk to the store to get a few items like more vodka and when I came back, Juan and David had Caryl in tears. I don't know what they said, probably something like, "A woman your age should be lucky they have a date, let alone a boyfriend who dumped you," probably from David. Juan isn't any better, convincing her earlier that the two tickets she bought to the Eagles concert for a grand total of five hundred and fifty dollars would have been better spent on a boy toy.

So we had more vodka, that nobody wanted, a smoked pork butt, not mine, Boston baked beans from last weekend, corn and tortillas.

And cold tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment