The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Temple For Golden Boy

The first obstacle was to clear the area for the temple. Filled with debris from temples to writing, temples to cycling, and temples of lost hope.  At the time I bought the cowboy hats for dressing up to do the two step at the Rawhide, it seemed perfectly logical. Had to have two, one black the other tan. The tan one is the best. They sat in the closet now for a good ten years, after I met Wally and moved on to other things. Now, the hats are nothing more than a lost cause, a dream of yesterday and they make me sad in some respects because I yearn for the better days we once had.

Three desks, one an oak roll top five feet long, four chairs, writing books, book shelves, computer crap of all ages and sizes, (I did get rid of actual floppies (they really flopped) from long ago.  Pictures, large small, in boxes, bundles and laying about, most tossed, others needed a new temple someplace else.

Than there was Millie. The room is where she grew up, it's where she ate her meals as a kitten, had water, took a shit. I mean that's personal territory there and it's where she sat with me for hours at a time while I wrote. She had a cat tree at the window to look out at the backyard. Millie did not take well to being evicted. She's accepted better now, I have her food bowl in the den where I now write and she likes to curl up in the sofa chair near me and nap while I work. She is so sweet except she wants to destroy hula-man, a figurine of a guy with a ukulele in a cheap green hula skirt (there is nothing under the skirt, in fact he has been mutilated by springs for legs so he can hula. What some figurines will do for fame).

I don't miss the old room, I had a corner with no view, Wally had the window view but he's stopped being interested in computing some time ago. And it's nice, here in the den. I have a view of the front and back yards. Wally can sit with me and so can Millie. We spend far more time here than we ever did watching TV.

And there will be life, once again, in the house and in our lives. Golden Boy is handsome, smart and young, the opposite of us. I'll have a bit of company, life should be better for us all, I hope. And with the invasion of the Middle East into our hood, it's nice to have another native here when the scuds go flying by.

The temple turned out pretty nice too. New wood floor, A.C, closet space improved, and a fan that, I hope, will be the final touch. The fan has been a real problem, but with an electrician, I hope to have it up in the next day or so. Unless an Iranian scud comes zooming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment