The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Making the Plunge

It has been a few years since I mountain biked. I'm not sure why, I didn't like the bike I was riding, the one in the photo above and I was having problems with my blood pressure. Under stress, with the loss of water, my blood pressure would drop dangerously low.  Mexican Monkey has bugged me to go mountain biking again with him. And, when I asked my local bike dealer was what out there I got quite a surprise.

First, the quality of the bike is so much better. It is lighter, designed well, disk brakes for instance and sturdy hubs. But the real clincher is the price. Less than half of what I paid years ago for a bike with full suspension.

I miss the smell of fresh clean air and getting away from the city that mountain biking provides. I can go up to the hills from the house and get away from it all for a while. Saturday is the day me and Mexican Monkey will be tearing up the trails.

Right now I have to get back to seeing what is going on with the Word program. I downloaded an upgrade and for some reason it isn't recognizing the product code.

No comments:

Post a Comment