The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Alley Hag

At the gate in the back alley was an old woman saying "Hello?"
It took a few time before I heard it and went to the gate. Practically toothless and bone thin, she had on a plain dress and looked distressed.

I asked her if she needed help, and yes she did need help. Someone had left a cat or cats at her house and now she had fleas and on top of that, her daughter was in the hospital. She lives between Village Idiot and the Western Bunker.

I gave her a can of flea spray and some eggs, after she admired the chickens. Since then, I haven't seen her. I'm not sure if she used the flea spray, or the fleas got her, or she sprayed the eggs and ate them.

But Hags have a way of living on, I think, someday soon, the old hag will come knocking on my back gate once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment