The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Writing on the Bathroom Wall

The head is under construction. It is a small bathroom and it was in really bad shape. The shitter wasn't attached to the floor, the wood beneath rotted so that bolts wouldn't hold it. The old linoleum was coming up, the shower door didn't close unless you lifted it at the base over the drip catcher. It was a real shit hole.

I am such a cheap fuck, I got a guy that gutted the bathroom, then went to look at houses out in Palmdale and while there, had his debit card information stolen. They cleaned him out. So I had to go with him today to buy the supplies. It was a whole lot of fun.

Now the shitter can flush, I don't have to go to the neighbors with a pail and get water from their hose to fill the tank. A small blessing. Tomorrow I get to drive to Panorama City to take a shower and put on fresh clothes. And maybe, just maybe there will be water to wash dishes and hands when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment