The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Two Davids Birthday Party

Juan the plumber called and said he could fix the sink today. Mexican Monkey was here chattering away and had me in a spin thinking it was Friday and not Saturday. Friday is when Mexican Monkey turned my world upside down and when he showed up at eight this morning, something he can't do on Sunday I was thinking, "Dang, the fucker is still here."

He is a monkey after all and of course always ready to push buttons, open cans, turn things upside down, it's just normal for a monkey.

Fucked my whole day. Today is the celebration of the two Davids birthdays. They are about a week or so apart but at this age, it all melds together anyway. Wrinkles don't get longer, they meld.

The sink is in, along with a new garbage disposal. The dishes are washing, I've had a few beers and can see there is room yet for more because the hedge is still squared. We're having the biggest fucking scallops I've seen with steak, roasted corn on the cob and potatoes. Mexican Monkey, after causing chaos, left to make money. I had to cut our bike ride short to get back and deal with Juan the carpenter and ice the beer while Mexican Monkey and Mom went merrily on their cycling way. Do you think Mexican Monkey would stay for a fucking free dinner? Fuck no, he's an American citizen now, he's got to get to the factory and scream at some real Mexicans to work harder and longer for the Yankee dollar.

I'm writing the Juanster's mom another letter. I'll plead that I think my life is now shortened. Por favor, what are the prayers to make Mexican Monkey go Norte.

No comments:

Post a Comment