The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Livin' Like White Folk

Damn if it's isn't nice too. I took the train up from La La Land to San Luis Obispo, or SLO as the natives call it. SLO, and it is, Cayucos is slow too, that's where I rented a beach house for the week. The old lady at the one and only grocery store is still there and still slow but lovable. She helped me hide the bottles of wine in the basket of my bike with bread and vegetables. I'm not sure why, some law I'm sure for when we first pulled in and unpacked the cops were hassling the homeless. An alley in back, nice too but the hapless homeless guys made a mistake of drinking some kind of shit when the cops came by. Now they're in custody, taken away to some shit hole.

I'm having a great time. Really great because the train ride was fun. I got two critiques done while on the train, they have wireless when it works. Saw parts of the Pacific Coast that are only visible by boat or the train. There ain't nothin' the fuck out there, no houses, people or fences after the 101 turns inland the train takes a different direction, and it is an OMG experience with the ocean on one side where you are riding on the cliff's edge and the slopes of natural vegetation that go on to the horizon on the other.  Really, if you ever get the chance, take the train from Slo to La La Land or the other way, don't matter. It gives me hope that the Republicans haven't fucked us over too much with the environment in their quest to appease every greedy asshole that wants to fuck us all over in the name of commerce and themselves getting rich.

When are people going to realize we are living in a spaceship? SLO, in the past week or so passed an ordinance to ban plastic bags and if you want paper, it's ten cents extra. I can live with that. I came with plastic bags and glad to. Here at the rental we're in and it is a nice house too, are two devices that hold plastic bags for your convenience. Put them in the top and pull them out at the bottom. Yet at the market the sweet old lady thought she might have a problem with a newcomer not use to recycling. I smoke recycled chicken shit. Well, not directly but I use the chicken manure from our chickens, the plant material of the garden, ashes and make my own compost. Great for growing marijuana or squash. Great for flowers, lemon trees and grapes and I eat it and smoke it the form of recycled chicken manure and all, so plastic bags? Please, so latter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment