The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, August 24, 2012

What The Hell

Sometimes life can be very depressing. For instance, sales on Jawbone, from what I gathered on Amazon in book format aren't all that good. A half dozen books so far. There is no indication how much was sold with e-format. The publisher works mostly with e-format books and it is being sold through other outlets, I hope, But it can be a real pin in the balloon effect.

Yet, for comfort, like eating mac and cheese, I turn to writing. I can loose myself in it. Today was a conversation with a raven and one of the witches in my latest work. Ravens love to gossip and there was plenty in today's writing. Then I went to Critique Circle, a new Internet forum and found actual witches.

OMG, I posted on a forum that I was having a tough time getting good critiques on my work. It was a forum discussing, How to attract better Critiques. Okay, I'm asking how and never really getting an answer, just rips into anything I wrote. It was amazing, all these women writers that have their fat asses in the forum wait for the unsuspecting to enter and then tear them up.

Don't try to explain yourself, the PMS bitches are there to rip your balls right off if you do. I like my witches better, they have heart and a bit of mischief thrown in as well.

I'm looking for a Star Bucks to hang out in on occasion.  I'm a bit, I don't know, self conscious? I have weight issues, age issues, dress issues but besides my hang ups I'm thinking, What the Hell, go for it. Take your lazy fat ass to a Star Bucks along with your old Mac Book, buy a coffee and find a chair somewhere that, when you sit your girth on, will break and draw everyone's attention to my suspender & jeans hick look and laugh.  Or, I can, in all my nervousness, spill my drink into my Mac book and destroy everything. Then sit there and wait until the silence ends to look around to see everyone's eyes roll at that stupid idiot wearing suspenders and jeans in a checker shirt that just toasted his old Mac.

But What the Hell, every fucking vacation I have ever planned turned to shit, why worry about a brief encounter at a Star Bucks for a mini vacation be any different?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment