The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What Can We Do With Mom?

Saturday I asked Gabe to take care of Wally and that gave me the day to play.  And I did, only there was Mom to deal with. My plan was to bike to Hermosa, find an outdoor bar and watch the beach parade go by. Well Mom tried to throw a wrench in the works and wanted to do more miles and hills. Mexican Monkey told her to ride to his house if she wanted more miles, he wanted to cruise as well. Reluctantly she did and we had a very nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and peppers.

The day was beautiful, warm and sunny. The beach bike path wasn't crowded at all and the volleyball games gave us a great jump and jiggle show along the way. In Hermosa we found an outdoor bar that played Reggae and served Sangria by the pitcher. We people watched, drank, talked and then a guy came over and sat down next to Mom. She was once again a seventeen year old prissy school girl. Before that, after lugging sangria, she wanted me to pimp for her. When I told her that would cost her, I don't pimp for free, she thought she'd try it on her own. Only a woman in a fifty some body, it's in nice shape but she is still over fifty, that acts like she was in high school when around the opposite sex isn't going to get laid.

The guy mentioned he was tired and lived nearby and thought of taking a nap.

I said, "Isn't that funny because Mom was thinking the same thing."

Well, Mom giggled and didn't push it after that, he got up with a boner in his shorts and left and Mom said, "He can find me on Facebook."

"How's that?" I asked Mom.

"I told him what high school  I went to and when I graduated."

So after that, we cruised back to the marina, had two bottles of wine at an Italian restaurant and went home.

The next day Mom sent an e-mail out that she wasn't able to ride much on Saturday because I could barely ride from the marina to Hermosa.

Condescending bitch. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment