The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, April 8, 2011

There Might Be A New Family Member

Mexican Monkey called and asked if he could bring over a small dog that needs a home. Someone he knows has to give her or him up. The dog will be here for the weekend to see how it goes. One more mouth to feed isn't going to kill us, but I sure as hell hope the dog is house broken. Buster is, if he isn't pissed off. If he's pissed then a pile of shit awaits me next to my chair. Betty is so old now that her pooper poops whenever she can't make it out the backdoor. And yes, I do clean the carpet quite a bit, in fact it's nearby where I sit waiting for a few warm days to come in a row so I can suck up the shit remnants.

I didn't want another dog, I like cats. Cats are cool and Millie is about all the cat anyone would want. We'll see what this dog is like but I have a hunch it's got a home.

There will be new neighbors soon next door. The house that has been vacant for years is now finished, the lawn put in and the fence built. If they like this hood then they must be eccentric or crazy or both.

Monday I go to H&R Block for a free look over at the taxes. It couldn't hurt to have a second opinion on them at this point.

2 comments:

  1. I like cats too, although my cat is a bit neurotic (or anxious, as the vet calls her) and will leave little brown gifts on the carpet for me as well. Except she is a very polite rebel, she always goes on the hall area rug on top of the carpet so that I just have to toss it in the washer and lay it back down. And then it's only when she's feeling stressed like when kids visit or we go out of town or if there are too many thunderstorms in a week.

    I've always wanted to like dogs, deep in my soul I love all animals, but that's mainly in theory. In my house is a whole other matter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... don't keep us in suspense. Did you keep the dog?

    ReplyDelete