The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, March 26, 2010

It is Finished

The very words Jesus supposedly used before he died tortured on a cross. It makes sense to me.

Why the synopsis for Jawbone was so difficult to write, I don't know. It was re-writing the story again, I think and I wanted to do other things--maybe. It is twice as big as it should be so there is a great deal of editing for me to do yet. But it is finished and once the fat has been gleamed from the bones, I should have something decent to send to publishers.

The wind has picked up. It is suppose to blow strong tomorrow, a Santa Ana is a-comin our way. Where we live that is not too bad. If it is windy here, there is a gale blowing just five miles away. A wall of sorts about midway in the valley and those on the North side get blown to kingdom come. We are at the foothills of the Santa Monicas and usually protected pretty much from the really strong gusts.

I made reservations for the beach rental today. Two weeks in the first part of fall up by Morro Bay, lots of writing for me in a beautiful little garden by the sea. I can open a back gate and take a short walk to the sand and shoreline. One of the few pleasures Wally and I have left to enjoy really. He has been distant somewhat in the past few days. A little more confused than usual. It comes and goes but each time it seems to linger longer before he clears up. Maybe the warmer weather will get him active again, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment