The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

The 3-D is a dramatic difference from the 3-D's I've seen earlier. Friends said Avatar's 3-D effects were better, I believe they probably were though I didn't see Avatar.

Most of the scene was slightly blurry, out of focus except for where the camera was mainly focused when on a character, which bothered me.

But what did it for me was the story. It was not what I was expecting or hoping for because I wanted something more to, Through the Looking Glass. It was a typical Disney script.

Sunday's dinner party was fun except for one horrible event. In the morning, when David came over to go with us to Culver City to see Alice in Wonderland, he said, "You were absolutely perfect last night. You didn't offend anyone, you didn't embarrass anyone."

Like a knife, it cut into me. And I knew at the time, if I allowed myself to get drunk before the steak and lobster were cooked, we might not eat at all and apparently by then it was too late to get drunk enough for at least one good insult.

Cayr'ls poll dancing is now too old to draw a yawn. Barbara hardly blinked when I signed a copy of, Sarge and the Sailor Boy, telling her to make sure it wasn't in her hand when she died, especially if she had a towel in the other. I signed it, To Barbara and Mickey, when all else fails--read this.

The lobster was exceptional.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, sounds like you got a real fan club...and then one made up of the queens of bitter. THIS is how an author's life should be!!

    You know, I'm learning there are a LOT of heterosexual women who enjoy gay male erotica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short story I had published in the Harrington Gay Men's Quarterly has brought tears to the eye of just about every straight woman that read it.

    I gave a copy to a childhood friend, we have gone our separate ways but have remained friends all along. She thought the love story was so heart rending that she is now fearful that I won't go to heaven for being gay as well as a confirmed atheist. But that's what happens when you move from Santa Monica to Phoenix. People in Phoenix think everyone else is going to hell because the people in Phoenix are living in it.

    ReplyDelete