The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The 3-D Thing

There are more ads for 3-D movies. When I watched Alice In Wonderland, at a special theatre geared for this kind of film, I have to say it was breathtaking. That's the problem, there was no sitting back from the action. You had to face the demons yourself.

I'm a, hold up the hand and look through the cracks in my fingers kind of guy. When it gets too intense, I like to know there is an escaped route. Now with these glasses, once you put them on, you can't leave. Everything is dark in the room except for the movie. The film is throwing things at you right and left and you know if you move, any kind of move, you will be falling to your death.

To climb to your seat is an accomplishment. To look up and see that you might need ropes to guide the way and that if one false move on your part, say stepping on someone and then having them scream at you so that you loose your balance and tip. Well, let's say tipping is not optional because one tip the wrong way, you become the boulder that caused the landslide and many deaths along the way.

I was terrified of having to pee and a good thing I was, because I did take a good whiz before going in and drank only half my soda. I couldn't find it with all the stuff flying by my face from the movie.

Do not go to one of these theaters if you are over sixty. They are made for people who climb cliffs to slay dragons and wait to piss when it's all over. And you can't be a scaredy-cat. Put your hands up and you're sure to be hit by a flying teacup.

No comments:

Post a Comment