The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fear Of Jihadist Terrorists Creeps in


How do you explain it? I heard from realtors, and from those of us still left in this neighborhood going back decades, that many Muslims live in the hood now. We have a family next door to us. Another three doors down tried to sue me. The matriarch said she tripped on the sidewalk a few years ago in front of the house. She lost her case against me. But she heard, somehow, that I was a published author. One of the lawyers, during the deposition, asked if my name could be found on the Internet. I said "Yes," I have a website, blog, published articles, and fiction stories in books and magazines.  Just type in my name, the same name, on the deed that realtors have copies of.  "Oh, how fortunate, the house you're interested in is very near a published author." In fact, F. Scott Fitzgerald spent his last alcoholic days just a few blocks from here. I wonder if any of his relatives have been sued by Muslims.

Now here is something a bit scary for me, since the lawsuit, when the Muslim neighbors moved in next door, in welcoming them, they said, "You're a writer?" "Yes," I said doubting they ever read anything I wrote-- they're from Iran, heterosexual, and intellectual snobs, (they sniggered after they asked what college I went to, and I told them, the local state college up the street) made me wonder how did they know? I only told them my name was Mike. The realtors, in the sale of their house, told them that because the same name as the property owner also came up on the Internet.  

I'm gay and old and I know what religious bigotry can do. It can kill you for being a Sodomite, as religious Christians like to call us, who for over two thousand years have been doing just that, murder, torture, and imprisoning us even today. So now I wonder, what idiot Muslim teenager with nothing to do but listen to how god hates fags and they must be killed for desecrating Allah, and then either tries to or actually does it. 

After the failed lawsuit against me, shortly after the lawyers told me I won, nails were driven into the sidewall of one of the tires on the Caddie. Coincidence? Hardly. Nothing else happened since then. I ignore them, they ignore me.  And I do keep a good eye on them. 

Then there is the local market, Trader Joe's. You go there and you hear a lot of Middle-Eastern dialects. Now I have to wonder if any of their rug-rats they brought are going to go Jihad on us at some point, Really, I think about it now, especially with Christians in this country upset with us and the courts for allowing equality for gays. 

The Christians are just as bad. It is religion itself that has warped society. As far as I know, there is no known case of a god killing anyone, it's always the people that believe in the god that do it. In America, only in the major cities, are you relatively safe if you're gay or lesbian, even then, fag-bashing is still a problem.  In the rural areas, it's a real good idea to keep a low profile. Going out in drag, hitting on the wrong guy, could get you a good case of death.

So yeah, I'm a little concerned. The French terrorists killed anybody they thought needed killing on their path of terror. And I firmly believe, it will happen again here.






No comments:

Post a Comment