The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wise Sage Is the Mexican Monkey

I hate to admit it but he gave me some good advice.

"Don't get too personal with people you hire," he said.

 He is right. I learned a lesson. One of the problems with Golden Boy is something I created, getting too friendly, wanting to be a friend as well and you can't. It creates to many other problems.

I distance myself from him, not asking him questions about his life or boyfriends, not getting involved. It seems to have work. Today was much better, a much better day. So maybe it will work out. I hope so at least.

I do like the guy, he has flaws but who doesn't. And I would like to see him become more confident in himself without needing the approval he is so desperate for from his peers. It takes time, it certainly did with me and I think I was far more fucked up than he is.

One thing here is, I have no one to talk with. With Wally's dementia, his thoughts are a mystery for the most part. Once in a while something comes out, Some small insight that brightens the room but that's a rare event. In fact so rare that I'm in rapture to here him say something and not focused on what it is he is saying.

Dementia, a stealer of thought and action. So terribly crippling in so many ways. And I'm alone with Wally in this pretty much. Me and Wally hoping for a better day that won't come but that's all we have at this point. Hope for a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment