The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It Wakes, The House Of Evil Is Alive

On Wednesday I get up at first light. Well it's barely light, enough to find the paper somewhere in front. Usually there is nothing going on at that time, no dog walkers, baby strollers, or workmen. No one is up yet getting in their car or truck to head out to work, quiet save for the nearby traffic that is always there.

Once I find the paper, tear off the plastic cover and read the front page while Buster takes a leak, I head back to front door ASAP, it's cold right now at that time. And it was then, as soon as I entered the house a light caught my attention. Now here is the strange part, it wasn't a light in the bedroom going on, but the entire House. A glow of light seeped around the shades of every window in the entire house at once.

The black SUV hasn't moved. The front door has never opened to let anyone out or in save for the delivery of fast food.  But suddenly, and all at once, every light in the house is on.

Then just as quickly as they went on they went off. No one left, the door never opened, the car never moved, but before full daylight came, in just minutes after the lights went on, they went off as well. Not one at a time but all at one time, just as they came on.

It's as if the house was letting me know it is alive and watching me. Knows that I know something isn't quite right there and is watching me watch it. And I'm trying not to but how can you not? It's there, sullen and mysterious with its criminal populace, its dark and moody appearance and the vehicles that are always black, suddenly appearing, staying for months at a time and then, like the lights--gone.

I don't know what it is planning but I can feel that something terrible is about to happen somewhere and then the cops will come with their weapons and armor and we, the hood will be hold up in the far corners of our homes waiting out the storm set upon us until the next time it seeks those that commit evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment