The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Adventures of Campy Girlymann in the Land of Trolls

Campy cleared his throat and took a glanced at Vic who looked pretty scared, "Trade secret huh?"

The troll smiled and walked to another pool where he pulled a gem from the murky water, "You could say that. It's the witches, made a bargain with them and they are very fussy about secrets." 

"Don't want to  cross a witch that's for sure. Say, we should get on our way, Vic here needs to get back to Belgium and I need to get on my bike and ride." Campy wished he was on his bike at the moment for the troll never answered but went to one pool and another. Sometimes, after inspecting the crystals he pulled from the water he would add a drop from one vial or another. And sometimes he would open a leather pouch and take a pinch of something that looked like salt and put that in the water.

"Relax, I'm almost finished here, and besides Jean Claude and his goons are still looking for you."

"Oh, I'm sure they are but how do you know?"

"Witches." Boogabob said matter of factually. 

Vic spoke up then and said, "You seem to know a few witches then."

The troll had finished his inspection of the pools and came back to where Campy and Vic stood. He got right up in Vic's face and said, "Yeah I do. That a problem?"

Vic answered fast, "No problem. No really, I had a friend that was a witch. She said she was a good witch though."

"Well, they're all good til' you cross them. What coven she in?"

"Coven? I really don't know. I didn't think she was serious, I mean I didn't think there were witches."

"Well there is. Wanna meet one?"

"Yeah sure. But I don't want to take anymore of your time. You've been so nice, showing us around."

At that moment, Vic felt someone tap on his shoulder from behind him.

To be continued......

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard about Amazon's new competition in association with Penguin Books? You submit a novel that's 50,000-150,000 words long and if you get even to semi-finalist, people at Penguin can consider your book for publication. If you win, you get published and a $15,000 advance. You start entry on the 23rd and have until Feb. 5th or they hit 5000 entries. I think Campy would be perfect, if you're close to an ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Campy right now is deep in a cave with a troll, a witch and his sidekick, Vic. Can he surface and face the Penguin? Stuffy, cold, and quite formal with wanting only writers with agents that have established names? I'm not sure, and right now Girlymann has a lot on his plate to take on the Penguin.

      Delete