The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Adventures of Campy Girlymann

Monsieur Campy, Ricky is the right man. It would be easy for him." Pierre said, trying to assure Campy.

"I hate to admit it but you're right." Campy said and then dialed the phone.

"Bernard? Campy here," Campy listened to Bernard rattle on for five minutes before he could ask a question.

"I need some help with a video and electronics, Pierre said Ricky was the best. Can I talk to him?"

There was  another five minutes of Bernard agreeing before Ricky answered the phone. "Yes, what can I do for our old friend."  Ricky said.

"I need a video made that can be turned on with a wireless device."

"That's it?"

"Well, there's more, can you come to the Black Cat?"

"Le Noir Chat?"

"Sorry, yes, Le Noir Chat. I need it by Monday morning."

"I'm not sure what it is you need but I will come now, Yes?"

"Great thanks! See you in an hour?"

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes.  Ciao."

Campy was pleased, Ricky was a perfectionist but that's what he needed.  But could a perfectionist do the job on time? Campy hoped for the better while the minutes clicked by. 

Not long after, Ricky came in and went to the bar where Campy was before he sat next to him. "Can we talk?"

Campy looked around, not many people and it would draw attention, he thought, if the two left for the back room.

"I think, if we give a chuckle now and then."

"This is a joke you want to play, is that it?" Ricky asked.

"Yes, a little prank, I need something that I can easily attach to observation cameras to show that a sports car is at the gate."

"Are the cameras attached to a device now?"

"Yes, they are, it can see the road leading to the house and the three sides of the vehicle at the gate. I thought it would be clever to have someone... Maybe someone like Jean Claude behind one of his sports car, so that they thought it was him at the gate."

"A clever mischief to play on the mayor  hey?" Said Ricky in a loud voice.

"Exactly. Can you do it?"

"I'll have such a thing for you on Sunday. Bernard and I will give it to Pierre on our way to the river bike ride."

"Looking forward to Sunday, thanks Ricky for helping me with this little joke."

The two men smiled and then Ricky slapped Campy's back and ordered a bottle of wine from Pierre.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment