The city from my view.

A pulse on a vibrant Megalopolis.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update

Wally and I are going through hard times right now.  I can't go into it all right now. Just to let you know we're still around. At least I think.  What ever you do, don't get old and fall into the care of someone who is a doctor and maybe thirty years old dealing with people who are old, gay and married.

Wally passed the syphilis  test , the prick doctor wants us tested for HIV status because it too can cause dementia. If your gay and you don't have a venereal disease, than how come your suffering from the same diseases straight folk get like Alzheimer's? Does  being seventy-eight have anything to do with it?


Fuck no , it's syphilis or AIDS. You're a fag, how could you be like hets and just have age related problems. Kaiser is great, if you don't mind being treated by people who didn't make the grade at a Veterinary college.

3 comments:

  1. Michael,

    I am so sorry to hear about you and Wally's troubles. I'm sending lots of love your way, it's not much but in the truly dark places of the soul, sometimes it's a little comfort to know how much you really are loved in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it is nice to know.

    Things are settling down. Wally is okay, the doctor called this morning and apologized for what he put us through, I'm still not taking Wally back to him. I told him it was so horrible we will never be back. I think tonight I will be able to sleep better and the periodic crying spell I was having has stop. That's when I started to worry, because I thought I was going crazy rather than being exhausted and overwhelmed.

    Oh, get this, when I told him he could have more compassion with patients and look at what they are going through, he said that someone with Wally's advanced dementia, it would take three people to care for them, I said, "Well, there's just me so we don't need to add more stones to my back, do we." I really don't think he got what I was saying. He went right on, that I needed to take his pulse manually twice a day, we have a blood pressure machine that gives the pulse but for him it is not accurate enough, counting for a full minute, not let Wally nap more than an hour, and on and on. I need to nap more than an hour in the day, I've been up half the damn night with Wally. And what should I do with Wally while I'm napping, tie him up with duct tape until I wake up? We need to find a doctor that is more our age and understands that as people get older they have bladder issues and not always make it to the bathroom in time and that we need to nap. We use to nap before the dementia, you feel refreshed for the evening, I think. This thirty year old doctor as read one to many medical journals and has no idea what seniors, especially ones with dementia and their loved ones are faced with in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts for you. I don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete